Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuyerBrew

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

What is the best resource for learning about hops and how they can be paired with different brews to enhance the flavors. Ive brewed a few batches and with what little I have and can fit into my apt they have turned out very well but I want to step outside the lines of the kits and discover enhanced flavors. I would really like to move into all grain brews as well but I don't have the $ and space for everything so if I can change up the hops/add more hops that would be amazing. Also, I am not looking to pay $50 for a book. Any help would be great.

Thank you!

if you google hops, you can get all kinds of information on what hops taste like what, pair well with other hops, substitutions, aaus, everything. i really dont feel like making a lmgtfy right now, but that is my intention.

Try looking up sites that sell hops,like Midwest,& freshops.com. They give enough info about what beers they're typically used in,etc. Midwest has some good descriptions of flavors & aromas.

Suggest you listen to the Jamil Show episodes on the styles in which you're interested (or, preferably, all of them). You will learn about all the ingredients, as well as techniques, history, and jackassery.

Back