Hops Planted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EzMak24

Reaction score
My hops have been planted in the ground today. Excited for when they start popping up!

My hops have been planted in the ground today. Excited for when they start popping up!

what variety?

funny.. I just decided to buy a rhizome today.. im excited too. I was trying to figure out which hops are most suited for "fresh" use in recipes... cascade seems like the best candidate.

im going to plant goldings.

I planted cascade because they are popular for fresh (wet) hop use and they are suppose to be fairly hardy which is important with a Michigan winter.

Got my goldings, perle, sterling, and (jumbo size) willamette in this morning.

I wish I had room for that. We have a small yard with a lot of shade so finding a location for my cascades was difficult. Were they are planted now probably isn't ideal but it should work.

Got cascade, centennial, chinook, goldings, and fuggles into pots last week. Will transplant them at my grandfather's farm as soon as I can get over there.

Fuggles took off the fastest.
fuggles.jpg

3rd year centinels after trimming about 30 stalks off about a month ago. Should i do a second trimming and reduce the number of stalks some more or just leave them be? The ropes are only about ten feet high and there are 3 ropes for the one plant.

hops.jpg

Last week I planted a Kent Goldings and a Willamette hops plant. The Willamette already had shoots over a foot tall. I've been in Arizona for the last 5 days so I haven't been able to monitor the progress of my new hobby. I won't get home for another 10 days, so who knows how they will look when I do get home. Nice to have HBT to connect with and keep up on beer topics and info.

NRS

Back