Hops in the primary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperBrew

Reaction score
I brewed a new 5 gallon batch yesterday and put it in my primary, it has 1 oz of cascade hop pellets in it, however I somehow inexplicably didn't strain the hops out of the wort on its way to the primary. I do have a blow off tube and a lot of activity. Should I just strain my brew when I move it to the secondary or is it a major cause of concern to have hops in the primary? I am unsure how this will affect my beer. :confused:

The hops will all sink to the bottom with the rest of the trub. You'll leave them behind when you rack to the secondary. Relax...have a brew...your beer is fine. :cool:

I always strain the wort into my fermenter, but not very well, so there is always a fair bit of hop material in there.

It's nothing to worry about; as mentioned, it will be left behind when you remove the brew from the primary.

Latest posts

Back