Hops going fast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowlife

Reaction score
I just looked at hops direct. It is saddening. I was trying to hold out for pellet hops. Looks like ipas are going to be expensive to make this year. They still have cascade and columbus though. Is there anywhere else that you can buy pounds of hops at decent prices? 10-15 dollars a pound?

They don't release this years crop in pellets till late October early November. Only leaf availabe from this years crop. Patience young padawan.........

my point was if they sold all of the leaf how can they make pellets out of it. Doesnt that mean its gone since all the leaf except those mentioned are sold out (as far as ipas go)

Low-

They don't sell as much leaf as they can then use he rest for pellets. The leaf that will be made into pellets is already at the processor.

my point was if they sold all of the leaf how can they make pellets out of it. Doesnt that mean its gone since all the leaf except those mentioned are sold out (as far as ipas go)

My guess would be that they save a certain percentage of hops to make pellets.

Good to hear! I will have to look every day to order as soon as they come out I guess; especially if they sell as fast as the leaf did.

FYI you can buy a pound from farmhousebrewingsupply for ~$15 right now for most varieties. They are last years harvest though, so the AA is lower. Except for the NZ varieties, those are 2011.

You guys were right. I just ordered my 2011 Citra, Amarillo, and Centenials off their website.

I was checking the website every ten or fifteen minutes this morning. Pathetic, but I love those IPA hops!

Eric

Back