Hops from Hopsdirect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarheels

Reaction score
Hopsdirect has a few variteys in stock (leaf only). Does anyone remember what the price was a year ago.

I do not remember, but their prices this year are fairly reasonable.

I just remember looking at prices in the range of $10-12 a pound in the not-so-distant past... Though it seems like an entirely different era now...

I think its fair that hop croppers can finally flip a profit. Hops Direct has superior quality and have been ordering from over the this and last year.

i was just looking at the hop crop report from another website and it was projected to be alot more this year. not by the acrage put the total crop. i think homebrewers can expect to pay $30-$34 per pound for a few more years and even more if buying by the once.

We'll start seeing hop pricing trending down in 2010 I imagine, depending on what fuel pricing does. Takes a lot of petrol to harvest and transport those hops.

I would imagine that we will not be seeing the nominal price of hops drop in the future. But relative prices should drop.

I expect to pay $30/lb for the next several years regardless. I think our price breaks we will see will be in the form of non-increasing prices in times of inflation.

Last November, it was $24/lb Golding, $20.48 Hersbrucker, $24 Amarillo, all pellets.

I'm waitin' for this years' pellets to become available. I'm pretty much ordering the same thing, sans-Hersbrucker, with another lb of something else, don't know what yet. Got the credit card warmed up and sittin' here for the day they show up. :fro:

Cmonnnnn pellets. Show me pellets. Big money, no whammy. Gimme pellets. :p

And yeah, I'm in the same boat. I don't care what the price is, as long as it's less than, oh, $40 a lb or so. Past there, then yes, it starts to pinch a little. But ultimately, when I'm buying a years' supply of hops, I don't care if it's $32 or $35. The extra 3 bucks will be made up somewhere.

Back