Hops for Cream Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macron

Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum here and somewhat of an inexperienced brewer. I was going to give Jamil's "Weed, Feed, and Mow" cream ale recipe a go and ended up going in a slightly different direction for a 10 gallon all-grain.

Recipe:

-19 lb 2-row malt
-2 lb flaked rice
-1.5 lb corn sugar(dextrose)

I am going to try something different and use Whitelabs' German ale/Kolsch yeast at 62-64 F. The only thing I really don't know about is the hops I am going to need to nail the right IBU. I have two 1oz bags of saaz (3.0) hops in the fridge right now and would like to use those. Are there any suggestions on how much more I would need for 10 gallons, or if I might want to use another hop variety with the saaz hops?

no flaked corn ? the corn sugar will dry it out if that what your are looking for

I like Saaz so it could work put your recipe in software and play with hops until you get the IBU your after

I just did a cream ale 11.5 gallon batch with 1 oz Willamette and 1 oz of liberty at 60 mins for a IBU of 15.50

I used 4 pounds flaked corn and a pound of minute rice

all the best

S_M

Latest posts

Back