Hops and Refrigeration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisjhennessey

Reaction score
I got a kit in the mail 2-3 months ago. I'm going to brew this weekend, and at that time I didn't not put the hops in the fridge. It's a Superior Ale with 2 oz of Mt Hood hops and 1 oz Tettnang hops. They are in vacuum sealed bags. Should I be worried about the hops as I didn't put them in the fridge or should they be fine?

I do have a local Homebrew store so I could run up and get more if it is best. But didn't want to if consensus says the hops I have should be fine. Thanks!

If they look, smell, and taste ok I would still use them for bittering and flavoring. I would get something fresher for any aroma or dry hopping additions. Just my .02

Yeah,after a couple months at room temp,they won't be quite as fresh as if you'd stored them in the freezer. I keep the yeasts in the lil butter cubby on the fridge door. LME's in the fridge on the shelf. They last longer & stay fresher that way.

Latest posts

Back