Hoppy Beers.... Really??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus_13

Cul de Sac Brewer
Reaction score
I never thought I'd brew hoppy style beers. I've always brewed Belgian style beers and loved it. Last year I brewed an APA and it was one of my friends' favorites. So I did another one earlier. Same result. Since I have decided to start kegging all I want to brew now is hoppy beers. I've got another APA dry hopping, the ingredients for a IIPA sitting on my table and a couple LBs of hops coming in the mail. What happened to me???

I still love Belgian beers and will always have a trappist, wild ale, saison style brew going but with this kegging system in the works it's like I'm obsessed with brewing with those wonderful dank smelling bastards. Anyone else have this sickness?

pretty standard evolution of a beer drinker. most (but not all) beer nerds eventually succumb to the power of the hop. google "lupulin threshold shift". soon you'll be into sours...

pretty standard evolution of a beer drinker. most (but not all) beer nerds eventually succumb to the power of the hop. google "lupulin threshold shift". soon you'll be into sours...

Ha ha I hear ya. I'm a seasoned drinker of the hops just never liked brewing them. I've been brewing sours for about 2 years now too. I just skipped the hoppy phase in brewing throughout my time. Now I'm going back to it. I've read about the lupulin threshold before. It's pretty interesting actually.

I'm more meaning I've never liked to brew them and now they are all I want to brew.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back