Hop storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mookie

Reaction score
What is the best way to store a partial bag of pellet hops. I see a lot of recipes that use only 1/2 oz or 1/3 oz of hops. I only brew about once per month and do not want to waste those pricey hops.

Put them in a ziploc bag and try to get out as much air as possible, then, like mustangracer said, put in the freezer.

Ziploc bag in freezer is good....vacuumed packed with a foodsaver type thing and in the freezer is better.

I managed to find some small 2ish oz round tupperware type containers. I put my leftovers in those and label them with the type of hops and AA percentage. I then store these little containers in a big casserole type tupperware container and put them in the vegetable drawer of my second refrigerator. 3 of the big bins fit perfectly. thats for pellets. for whole leaf hops I vac pack my leftovers and put the vac packs inside more of the larger containers and put them in the second veg drawer.

Latest posts

Back