• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

hop stopper mesh or hop stopper for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niginata

Reaction score
So I am making my own hop stopper and planning on purchasing some mesh (150 thread 304 stainless steel and .0026 diameter) I don't need 10 sqft, probably only need 1 1/2 sqft for a single hop stopper.

So i'm offering either the option to purchase some mesh with me or i'll make you a hop stopper for 45 plus shipping. They'll be very similar to that of The Hop Stopper

www.ihomebrewsolutions.com or http://www.ihomebrewsolutions.com/TheHopStopper.pdf

Anyone interested?

i'm getting charged about $11 per sqft for the mesh. So as long as I can drop my own cost below 50 I would be willing to order the 10 sqft. So that's that, keep me informed, I'm hopping to make the order in the next few day. Thanks

mcmaster's price is way cheaper than $11 a sq ft, too.

On a side note, I've never used anything like this... do they really work without clogging up if you use pellet hops? I see the pics in the .pdf, but I'm still skeptical.

I am very interested in a hop stopper but $11/sq ft. is a rip off.

I would like to get something that works well with pellet hops, however, since I want to get the Therminator & pump setup online for my next brewday.

mcmaster's price is way cheaper than $11 a sq ft, too.

On a side note, I've never used anything like this... do they really work without clogging up if you use pellet hops? I see the pics in the .pdf, but I'm still skeptical.

Well I just ordered everything so I'll keep you guys posted on how my home made hop stopper is gonna work.

Bobby, what was the magic screen size you found to work the best,your Youtube video on the stopper build says 30x30, but you hadn't tested it at the time. Anyone else can answer as well. Thanks, Castermmt

Wondering that as well if the 30x30 was small enough to filter out most of the pellet hops? Also instead of sewing the edges shut, would it be possible to solder the edges? Or would it be too brittle?

Bobby, what was the magic screen size you found to work the best,your Youtube video on the stopper build says 30x30, but you hadn't tested it at the time. Anyone else can answer as well. Thanks, Castermmt

Wondering that as well if the 30x30 was small enough to filter out most of the pellet hops? Also instead of sewing the edges shut, would it be possible to solder the edges? Or would it be too brittle?

Your questions should be answered in this thread...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/diy-hop-filter-video-102697/

Latest posts

Back