Hop Stoopid - Lagunitas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H-ost

Reaction score
Grabbed a fresh bomber today and it is just plain awesome. It has massive hop aroma and flavor with just enough bitterness that it makes you question if it is too much. I'm loving it.

Great beer but overshadowed by ther (hopefully) seasonal "Lagunitas Sucks" ale that they made last year. Or even the Fusion7. Or if you were REAL lucky the "Bourbon Barrel Censored ale"...

Its great living on the west coast...

local bottle shop just started to carry it, so I tried it this last weekend and I have to agree delicious and for the price I will be drinking it again.:tank:

When fresh it's a go-to, lower cost, very tasty IPA.

When old, it's a bit harsh...

I will second that, I had two of them, does not age well.
Frist one was great the second sat for about 6 months, not as good

This is one thing that I miss most from the west coast; fresh Lagunitas. Sure I can get it here in Texas, but its's not the same when it isn't fresh.

My god, I miss west coast beer.

hop stoopid is awesome but i cant wait until lagunitas sucks is getting bottled year-round. i heard somewhere they wanna stick it in 32oz stubbies

hop stoopid is awesome but i cant wait until lagunitas sucks is getting bottled year-round. i heard somewhere they wanna stick it in 32oz stubbies

Yep - I heard they are slating putting it out in October if all goes well with their new CA brewhouse. I can't wait - easily a top 5 beer for me.

I also can't wait for a clone recipe (I'm expecting liberal use of hop extract again.)

^^^ No way. Those Santa cookie brews were real popular around here. Crossing my fingers.

I love me some Hop Stoopid! It's weird how affordable it is, especially around here on Long Island...for a big, hoppy IPA, it's not unusual to pay three times what I can get a Hop Stoopid for (around $5 from the distributor, 10 from the local craft beer bar).

Back