Hop plants are jumping!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmorosco

Reaction score
image-2049160488.jpg

image-1068933535.jpg

A couple of my Cascade have climbed 12 feet or so and are starting to produce cones. Mt. Hood on the other hand is still only a couple of feet tall.

My Willamette's are 12 ft. tall. My Kent-Goldings are about 14 inches. Amazing how different they are.

NRS

My first year Centennials are ~1.5' tall and my first year Chinook are little baby sprouts still.

Wow, mine look pathetic. I have cascade that is 1", Kent Golding that are just sprouting, and williamette that are about 2"! Full sun and adequate water and drainage. Guess I should start using some fertilizer on them !

Our Chinook is taking off like a rocket. Our williamette is doing nothing.

My 5 year old cascades are doing well. I just got around to running the strings (told myself last year I'd get it done before the thaw....) and had to rip half of the growth out from between the main crowns.

I saw a NICE sized new crown growing right between that I did leave alone.

My Hallertauer is looking pretty good, thanks Yooper! But my new Centennial got a bit of frost and I'm hoping it can survive.

My centennials are at about 3.5'. My cascades are at about 2'.
Second year plants, first in the ground though.

My first year planting of Cascades are coming up but the Nugget, Galena and Williamette are yet to break the surface. I think it's partially because I didn't add enough organics to the soil before planting...I should have planted them in potting soil to help them breathe and break through the surface faster. We'll see...I have them popping through the mulch now.

good looking plants!

just planted rhizomes a few weeks ago... the cascade is just popping up and the chinook is about 6" tall now... not expecting anything this year.

Back