Homework help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kosmokramer

Reaction score
Okay well i am working on accounting principles for my mba right now so unfortunately i cannot dedicate the time to my swmbo right now that she needs. She is giving an informative speahc this weekfor her undergrad speach class and decided she wants to do it on homebrewing. She knows i love it and some very basic elements but does not know where to go with the speach. Since i cant help out too much i was hoping the hbt community could give her some ideas to form into an outline or general flow for the speach.

Thanks guys
KosmoKramer

I would start with a short history lesson about where the first fermented beverages came from and explain how yeast works from there (meaning eating sugars then peeing alcohol and farting co2). After she's explained the basic concept of how fermentation works. Have her explain 4 basic ingredients (water, barley, hops, yeast) and what they do. do an explanation of what mashing is and what it achieves. then explain in a little more detail what is going on with fermentation in terms of what yeast is doing and what is happening with the wort to beer transition. maybe a little bit about packaging (kegging and bottle conditioning) and then on to drinking. Also whenever i tell people about beer i like to tell them the story of how IPA's came about. I think it's kind of interesting. good luck and hope i helped

Back