Homebrewtalk.com "personalities"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George costanza!!!!

So there's actually a specific actor I have in mind, but I can't remember anything that he's been in, and don't think I ever knew his name, so I cannot convey who I'm thinking of.

EDIT: Still can't figure out who I'm thinking of, but basically Ned Ryerson from groundhog day but bald and a heavier.

Probably something in Latin... I'm always afraid to respond to any of his posts. Not that I'll get something wrong, but that I'll get something right. Then he'll want to engage me in conversation and I'll have to continue the misplaced facade that I'm actually intelligent.

That's why I usually just Like his posts.

So what do you guys picture Brewknurd as looking like? I always imagined him as being extremely hairy, with a long face and big ears.

Yooper said:
Oh, bottlebomber is a really nice guy, and kind of quiet. He's one of those people who people like, but he doesn't really say much until he gets to know them.

Yep, that's pretty much me. All except the nice part. And the quiet. :D

Nah, you nailed it. I'm a gentle giant.

Airborneguy said:
Bottlebomber is one of those guys who when I see them at work I keep my hand on my gun as nonchalantly as possible and pray that he's nice. ;)

See, that's why I have to be extra nice - I freak people out!

Good question - never really thought about it.

I don't usually put a personality to interwebber friends, but I do picture them in my mind. Had Edwort down pat!

I thinks it's funny to judge someone's age by their posts - but that's a bit tougher.

Secret's out...

Old, overweight white guy in his mid-40's. Knows how to home brew though so that makes him a really neat guy to converse with :)

Oh... nevermind the monkey

IMG_0715.jpg

No lie, I at first thought that Yooper was a man. Then when it was revealed she was a gal, I pictured her as being middle aged and a knockout, whose personality reminded me of Betty White and
Red Green. "Well-endowed" for her build but not overly.

Bottlebomber always made me envision a medium build guy that had thinning hair...maybe late 30s, tall, but not overly...squarish jawline and a handlebar mustache.

Now who can guess me?

jestmaty said:
Secret's out...

Old, overweight white guy in his mid-40's. Knows how to home brew though so that makes him a really neat guy to converse with :)

Oh... nevermind the monkey

Did you remember your "raincoat"? That's how that aids virus started you know ...jk

i thought everyone has a beard.

most of us do, but i doubt yooper does :D .. revvy is dang near 7' tall and solid. yuri rage is the bouncer on a russian train. edwort never gets out of his smoking jacket, even to read the wall street journal

alpha224 said:
Bottlebomber always made me envision a medium build guy that had thinning hair...maybe late 30s, tall, but not overly...squarish jawline and a handlebar mustache.

Now who can guess me?

I'm a little under 6'7", medium/athletic, not that old yet, and have a head of hair that's obnoxious to say the least. My hair is dirty blonde, but for some strange reason my facial hair comes in darkish so I don't grow it because it makes me look evil. So your almost right. ;)

I'm going to guess that you're 25-28, around 5'9", goatee, brunette, slightly overweight.

I really haven't seen you around much though, so that's a 100% shot in the dark.

What a weird thread... Lol. Thanks Yooper

Yooper: tiny older lady. A little grey hair, like someone's young grandmother. Vivacious as hell.
ABG: Military, short dark hair, fit, probably runs.
Malfet: Not Cosby so much as Ward Cleaver, in looks. Professorial, though.
Cheezy: late 20's early 30's, longer hair, not fat but not as fit as ABG. Plays on the computer too much.
Tx: I don't know why, but I see him a lot like a guy I work with - maybe because he's Texan. 6'3", kinda big guy, average shape (American shape), thinning hair but not gone, and a little ebullient.
Dan: Ty Burrell.
CreamyG: I know better, but I keep thinking blonde 30 year old woman.

I'd play but the stereotypes of the folks I interact with most are based on physical appearance. Gila really is a midget.

Troof. I already know what most of the HBT'ers I chat with regularly look like by now. And most of the others I haven't really interacted with enough to form much of a mental image.

And I picture emjay as a surfer or something with as much time as he spends at the beach.

Snarfle! Thanks, I just spit beer on my keyboard.

WHY DID I NOT SEE THIS THREAD BEFORE!!

I am indeed more quiet in person, especially at first, but I can also chat into the wee hours if I care about the topic enough. I'm 5'9ish, and while I still have a slender build I'm now rocking a paunch, to my chagrin. Everyone knows about my whole balding problem. Also, my cheeks are always rosy because I have a skin condition, but people think I'm blushing bashfully, which is actually an unforseen advantage in most cases. And yes, I wear glasses. Too funny.

When I picture Yoop I think Janet from Threes Company. True Story. Also, she's sweet 99% of the time, but I bet she's made at least one jerk in a pub sing soprano for ungentlemanly conduct.

As I've said before, my brain associates av pictures with the real person due to my partial insanity. So, for instance, AZ IPA has a hop for a head. He's literally a hop head. ABG has a pic in his profile though, so I can picture the real him, but holding a fish.

I know Revvy is the Mountain that Rides in stature, but for whatever reason I picture TxBrew even bigger. However, when the kids have done something that warrants correcting, his wife is the one they fear. I picture Cheezy as a red head. No idea why.

I think Dan could probably make his living as an ambassador or dignitary for the UN. I picture Gila as a larger Filipino man in shorts, Hawaiian style shirt and Doc Martens. Either that or an exotic frog, I go back and forth.

Homer looks just like me, being my evil twin, except he has long hair and a van dyke.

Gear101 is that guy who wrote the book about rehab, went on Oprah, then admitted he lied about the whole thing... His girlfriend(s) has taken every single picture since the invention of the camera. So its not copyright infringement no matter what you think.

Weizenwerks looks like a gnome, lives very close to or within a wheat field surrounded by various fruit farms, builds custom guns for non-existent customers, runs a snow plow business in the winter and a leaf raking business in the fall.

nuckingfuts literally carries a gun in his hand at all times. He brews (but very rarely), with said gun in his hand just in case a security breach occurs on his very remote Missouri homestead. Whenever he brews, Dog the Bounty Hunter is blaring in the background on 4 tv's so that he never loses visual of the show. Actually, Dog is on this tv's ALWAYS, whether he is brewing or not.

Capebrewing is actually Tom Brady's manly alter-ego. The public personality, the actual Tom Brady, is the metrosexual wimpy other half of their shared brain.

Really? I've got Cape down as a late 40-something, maybe early 50 something, slightly overweight dude but with a huge personality. This is the guy you walk into a bar with and, 20 minutes later, find your little group running the place. But you hang out at his place and there are a disturbing number of Tom Brady portraits just about everywhere you turn...

Yooper, I've come to picture as a somewhat motherly type, but she'll probably drink you under the table. Also, she's got a funny hang up about tomato sauce.

You want to know who is *exactly* like you would imagine them IRL?

Kai.

Imagine an uber-precise German engineer, and that's Kai. Right down to the accept, and the brew notes precisely written in German.

Bet you wouldn't have guessed that he's a silly drunk, though, would you?

Yooper, I've come to picture as a somewhat motherly type, but she'll probably drink you under the table. Also, she's got a funny hang up about tomato sauce.

Motherly type? I dunno about that. But I can definitely put away the beers, and hang with the big boys. I also seem to drop the F-bomb way too much.

Kai.

Imagine an uber-precise German engineer, and that's Kai. Right down to the accept, and the brew notes precisely written in German.

Oh, that's right! Kai is exactly like you'd think. Very cute, and very German engineer. But really really a silly goofy drunk. He actually giggles when drunk.

Kai.

You know what? YOU are also very much like I pictured IRL, too. Your wife, not so much.

Oh, I knew you'd be married to a cool and intelligent woman, but not THAT intelligent. You're not dummy, that's for sure, but many guys I know are a little intimidated by really intelligent women. You apparently are not! :D

Yooper has a distinct mid western personality. Personality and appearance are almost directly identical to Frances McDormand in Fargo.

and +1 to whoever said edwort is always in a smoking jacket. that makes a ton of sense.

i'm only 21, and for whatever reason i always imagine every other homebrewer to be twice my age, or at least close to it.

I pictured yooper as early 40s, although the kind that could pass for a good bit younger, intelligent(speaks for itself, as she does), good sense of humor(for putting up with everyone on here), appreciation for the finer things(good beer!) and didnt picture her overweight because i generally have known overweight women to drink nothing but diet sodas and light drinks in a never ending diet that goes nowhere. Frankly that mental image forms for me of any of the women on here.

bottlebomber said:
I'm a little under 6'7", medium/athletic, not that old yet, and have a head of hair that's obnoxious to say the least. My hair is dirty blonde, but for some strange reason my facial hair comes in darkish so I don't grow it because it makes me look evil. So your almost right. ;)

I'm going to guess that you're 25-28, around 5'9", goatee, brunette, slightly overweight.

I really haven't seen you around much though, so that's a 100% shot in the dark.

What a weird thread... Lol. Thanks Yooper

Actually, that isn't too far off... 6' tall around 260-270# and the goatee and mustache and brunette were spot on...also, I am 24... So good guess

Back