HomeBrewTalk Brewers Place 2nd at Colorado State Fair

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XPLSV

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
As I don't belong to a local homebrew club, I picked up the habit several years back of filling in the club spot for competition entries with HomeBrewTalk Brewers, a habit I believe I picked up from pjj2ba . It has caused some surprise around the Colorado competitions in the past, particularly when it came down to Pro-Am selections and the breweries were initially thinking they were dealing with someone from Texas. Aside from that, I haven't had an impact on the overall club medal standings...until now (scroll all the way to the bottom of the below link).

https://reggiebeer.com/ReggieWeb.php?Web=1000367

I, again, tip my hat to all of you forum users who share great info on here, be it techniques, recipes, equipment, or just plain good old inspiration...thanks all!

Couldn’t figure out which one was you, what did you brew and share that recipe!

Oh, and congratulations.

Couldn’t figure out which one was you, what did you brew and share that recipe!

Oh, and congratulations.

The ones with the "HomeBrewTalk Brewers" listed as the club! LOL

I'll have to double check the various recipes. Some I had initially sourced off here, others I have posted...may not have had them all.

Haha. Ok, I saw that, I thought there was a real club in Tx called HBT since you mentioned something about that. Duh. I get it now.

Looks like you actually got a first, 3 seconds and a third and 2nd overall, I was looking for one second place finish.

Haha. Ok, I saw that, I thought there was a real club in Tx called HBT since you mentioned something about that. Duh. I get it now.

Looks like you actually got a first, 3 seconds and a third and 2nd overall, I was looking for one second place finish.

Nah...the funny part was supposed to be the second place "club" finish :) If they hadn't combined the meads with the ciders, my cider would have had a Gold and I would have topped Ed Moore for tops in the Heavy Medal brewer category...oh well. Ed is a phenomenal homebrewer here in Colorado and it is great to be listed alongside him at any event.

Back