• We have a new forum and it needs your help! Homebrewing Deals is a forum to post whatever deals and specials you find that other homebrewers might value! Includes coupon layering, Craigslist finds, eBay finds, Amazon specials, etc.

Homebrewtalk App Issues

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Jmarsh544

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with the HomeBrewTalk app? It was working fine for me until two days ago and now I can’t access anything. I deleted it and then downloaded it again and same issue. I am getting this and similar error messages:

Attachments

HBT_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
Yes, the app was discontinued. Not sure if another will be worked on as the forum software is very mobile browser friendly. Please just use your mobile browser, type in the forum address, and login. Now you have HBT. Most will look at it in portrait, but give landscape a look too when reading. It is very much like on a laptop.

CityOChampBrew

Reaction score
Yes, the app was discontinued. Not sure if another will be worked on as the forum software is very mobile browser friendly. Please just use your mobile browser, type in the forum address, and login. Now you have HBT. Most will look at it in portrait, but give landscape a look too when reading. It is very much like on a laptop.
Where's the dislike button...

App was much easier on mobile devices than using a web browser.

Guess Reddit will see most posts.

kevin58

Reaction score
I received an email the other day saying"

"Due to concerns about security and privacy from the company that created the app we think it's and absolute necessity to cease using it immediately. This also discontinues the Tapatalk tie in."

OP
Jmarsh544

Jmarsh544

Reaction score
Where's the dislike button...

App was much easier on mobile devices than using a web browser.

Guess Reddit will see most posts.
agree with this - hopefully a new company can be found to host it without the security issues. I have been using the web browser for a week or so on my phone and it’s ok, but the app was much friendlier to the phone.

CityOChampBrew

Reaction score
can we please get a new mobile platform already
the mobile website is meh at best and reddit is just plain garbage compared to a real forum

day_trippr

New Normal: Viral Russian Roulette
Reaction score
I do miss the app when on my 'Droids. Mobile web just has more code to wade through to present the exact same data.
But I fear there's little motivation for the massive conglomerate that owns this property ;) to work out whatever issues exist with the branded Tapatalk application, and while there are countless alternative forum browsers extant, it's easier to just not deal with it...

Cheers!