Homebrewing Music

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on my mood of course, but usually I go for punk with an Irish twist.
-Dropkick Murphys
-The Tossers,
-Flogging Molly

If I'm feeling rowdy,
-Hank III
-Whiskey Rebels
-Belligerent 86

Or, by default, I'll go metal,
-Amon Amarth
-Dimmu Borgir
-Dissection
-any of a hundred others in my collection...

HUH? What is there not to like about Zep? Ok, some of the songs don't do it for me, but they are very diverse. I can only imagine what they sound like in a "smokey" environment...

And Stoutfan, I have been wanting to hear what Dragonforce is all about. I heard their guitar is very good. Reminds me to get on the web and look them up!

Melodic DIO-esque speed-F*$%ing-metal! There stuff is absolutely amazing. I have to recommend "Operation Ground and Pound". Great stuff!

I always listen to something and it's never the same....

This. Certainly never the same other posters...

Recently,

Allman Brothers live at the Fillmore 1973
Stan Getz
Buddy Holly
Muddy Waters
Pink Floyd
Brasiliero (Putumayo Mix)

Music? You mean you don't listen to the grain mashing. It is like listening to crawdads screaming when you drop them into the water.

MGMT, Josh Groban, the Sounds, The Pogues, Flogging Molly, Michael Jackson (Off the Wall is still awesome, so is Bad), Jamil Show, Kid Cudi, Dgiin (awesome local band, check em out. France meets flamenco meets a couple hippies) or I scour this forum for witty crap to say to other posters :)

Honestly though, my iPod has everything from Rap, Folk, Blues, Rock, Modern stuff, Punk, Opera, World and on and on. I just toss on shuffle and away I go. Always interesting when a little opera is next to rap, but hey! The spice of life!

I rate all the songs on my iPod.
I delete anything that gets a 1 or 2.

I have a playlist for the 3, 4, and 5 star songs.

My 5 star song list has around 800 songs. So I just rock that on shuffle.
Anything might come up.
Iron Maiden
Aesop Rock
Woodie Guthrie
Wilhelm Scream
Ben Folds

Its awesome, and random, and I brew best that way.

Aesop Rock! - good stuff
Woodie guthrie too

I have a brewing mix on the ipod its got Carbon Leaf, Joe Pug, Benjy Davis Project, Corey Smith, and then just a few individual songs from other bands.

Eddculus wish I'd have known you were gonna be at Phish I live 10 minutes from the coliseum, we never got to have a beer in Clemson we could of had one up here in va.

I typically listen to my top rated list as weel which can range from:
Led Zepplin
Hatebreed
Darkest Hour
Dropkick Murphys
Cake
The spooks
Metallica
Talking Heads
DragonForce

Maiden, Sabbath, Zep. classic rock, or....classical music...Bruckner comes to mind. why not listen to a massive over-the-top late romantic german symphony while brewing beer??! I know playing it always leaves me thirsty for beer, so why not the other way around?

I enjoy a little bit of everything. A sample from my Music Collection:

Metallica
Brad Paisley
Bush
Creed
DMB
Days of the New
Slipknot
Killswitch
Foo Fighters
Garth Brooks

Easy All Stars' "Dub Side of the Moon"

Great one. Have you heard their other album "Radiodread"?
edit: They are also releasing a dub version of Sgt Peppers in two weeks!

Am I the only person here who doesn't get high all the time? :)

Haha, that is awesome

As for myself. I have a pretty ecclectic taste. I found at leats 2 or 3 bands in everybody's list that I would listen to (except Ceedubya - sorry)

Wow, lots of metal fans on HBT, awesome! I wish the rest of the world had this many fans of Killswitch and whatnot.

I rarely listen to music when brewing, actually. But when I do it's my typical favorites...

Killswitch
Protest the Hero
Misery Signals
A Life Once Lost
Trivium
Dave Matthews Band (live or not at all)
The Cat Empire
The song "Beer" by Reel Big Fish :)

Ahoy hoy,
Aw hell this is an easy one.
Instrumental Jazz...or....
Bon Scott era AC/DC....or....
Old Time Radio Shows from the 30s and 40s...
So, isnt this what everyone listens to when their brewing? :D
A great day to all!
and....
DEATH.....before disco.......:rockin:
(does that date me?)

If I wasn't busy with brewing and had time to setup a MP3 playlist it would consist of some favorites like:

Matthew Good
Matthew Good Band
Moist
On
Failure
Stir
Finger Eleven (not their new stuff though)
Incubus (again not their newer stuff, morning view and older)
Holly McNarland
Spoken
VAST
Finch
Difuser
Star 67
Black Lab
Big Dismal
Stavesacre
Sinch
Blindside
Dead Poetic
Chevelle
Filter
Jeff Buckley
Shun

to name a couple

I listen to the voices in my head. Brewing is 4 - 5 hours of birds chirping and propane roaring. Why spoil it?

Not a music guy. I have never heard of probably 75%+ of what's been listed. No ipod either. I think I'm last:D

I do often listen to a baseball game while brewing in the summer.

I listen to all kinds of music(excluding country and rap).Flogging molly all the way If I'm Brewing/Drinking?fighting.Gotta celebrate the irish roots.Poig ma gaile thoin!

If I have my laptop handy, I either turn on my Red Dirt channel on Pandora or Radio Free Texas. If my wife has commandeered my computer, I just turn on the local classic rock station.

Note to self, get another computer.

I throw the XM into the boombox and promptly put it on 202.

Either listen to:

Opie and Anthony

-or-

Ron and Fez

depending on what time of the day it is. If they don't happen to be on, then I'll go over the classic rock or 70's channel.

Roots Reggae!! Spear, Midnite, Culture, Bob, Derrick Morgan, the Itals...etc

"Great one. Have you heard their other album "Radiodread"?
edit: They are also releasing a dub version of Sgt Peppers in two weeks!"

I plan to get those, too. Did you catch them at the Fox? I missed that show (I live in Arvada, BTW). Almost neighbors!

I tend to have the telly on, too (no sound). The History channel or something with cool images.

(How do you guys do the quote box thingy?)

There's always Glenn Gould's rendition of The Well-Tempered Clavier by Bach....or perhaps if it's a rainy day, the mid-range "Rasumovsky" quartets of Beethoven. I'm particular to Op. 59, No. 2.

No, really......:)

SLAYER

Amon Amarth
Lamb of God
King Diamond
Kreator
Clutch
Pantera
Cannibal Corpse
ICP
tool
Mastodon
did I mention SLAYER :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

I love some sweet guitar!

Derek Trucks Band
Allman Brothers
Bill Frisell
David Grisman
Carl Harvey
Just to name a few the list could go on forever.

well I listen to everything... and I mean everything

From revolting cocks to chuck berry
from metallica to eminem
and a bunch of EBM/electronica/goth stuff too name it LOL

oh and the best beer song ever
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-jOEAufDQ4]YouTube - Psychostick - BEER![/ame]
the beer song by psychostick....(everything else they have is friggen great too)

It depends on the wether. If it is sunny I whip out my solar powered radio and listen to NPR. If it is cloudy I haul out the speakers and plug in the ipod. Then:

Motorhead
RL Burnside
Uncle Tupelo
Pulp
Tom Waits
NERD
Cake
Cracker
The Clash
The Cramps
Dead Prez
Swans
Gogol Bordello
Guitar Wolf
Leonard Cohen
etc, etc

It depends on the wether. If it is sunny I whip out my solar powered radio and listen to NPR. If it is cloudy I haul out the speakers and plug in the ipod. Then:

Motorhead
RL Burnside
Uncle Tupelo
Pulp
Tom Waits
NERD
Cake
Cracker
The Clash
The Cramps
Dead Prez
Swans
Gogol Bordello
Guitar Wolf
Leonard Cohen
etc, etc

As someone said to me - "I could maybe brew with you for like half a day...." You have some nostalgic stuff on there for me....uncle tupelo, burnside, cramps, etc. I have mixed feelings about a lot of that mid 90's stuff, just because of the strings attached.....I'm an NPR brewer myself, as I tend to get started at about 5AM when the fam is asleep and NPR news programs abound!

Back