Homebrewing is illegal in Alabama but they have Mr. Beer at Kmart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenVanned

Reaction score
I almost bought one. I still can. Should I? I already have better equipment but what could I use the Mr. Beer stuff for?

Eh' Im not going all grain yet. My first extract batch is still in primary lol. I did order a 6.5 bucket for primary... If i can be sure to get this bag system cleaned out real good im going to use it as my bottling bucket on the next batch. I can make myself a small batch tester for half the price or less. It just kills me how homebrewing is illegal in my state but they sell Mr. Beer in department stores.

It's illegal to distill spirits here, but you can buy a counter top distiller, or ones that are hand made from copper and kegs on CL.

It's illegal to smoke MJ, but you can buy bongs no problem.

It's illegal to kill someone (in most circumstances), but you can buy a pistol with a waiting period here.

The items are not illegal themselves, but it's the use of said item for it's intended purpose that is illegal.

BenVanned said:
Eh' Im not going all grain yet. My first extract batch is still in primary lol. I did order a 6.5 bucket for primary... If i can be sure to get this bag system cleaned out real good im going to use it as my bottling bucket on the next batch. I can make myself a small batch tester for half the price or less. It just kills me how homebrewing is illegal in my state but they sell Mr. Beer in department stores.

It kills me how homebrewing is illegal in your state but you can have assault weapons. At least they haven't stripped us of everything here in California yet... probably what's coming next. No wait, we're very progressive on substance use. We'll be fine.

BenVanned said:
....what could I use the Mr. Beer stuff for?

It is an OK 2+ gal primary. Nice for goof around stove top extract batches. Not sure I'd get one if you already have a setup though unless space is an issue

I had one in the way past and bought one for each of my four sons.. I don't think any of them ever used them.. I used mine once.

What do you think they would be like for making something like Root Beer, Ginger Ale.. etc... ?

Shooter said:
Really?!? Tell that to the tobacco users... ;)

Yeah sorry about that... we had to find a source of revinue to fund the legalization of more fun drugs. Up next, medicinal crack!

Making Home brewing illegal is a crime in itself. Why we put up with ridiculous regulations is beyond me and pisses me off.

Yes, We in Alabama can purchase assault rifles but we can't buy dildos. We just outlawed "Spice" so now everyone who it applied to can go back to breaking the law. We can't homebrew but you can buy the equipment. Walk into any bodega and ask for a brown bag special and you get the makings for a crack pipe. But we can't brew our own F***ing beer.. I understand putting age restrictions on equipment or even outlawing the sales of homebrew... but illegal homebrewing... ftw.

Latest posts

Back