Homebrewers in SE Pennsylvania!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DraperyFalls

Reaction score
Any homebrewers here from Southeast Pennsylvania (Philly to Lehigh Valley area) interested in swapping homebrews? I figured I'd see if there was an interest in this.

My idea is that you would bring (for example) a case of one of your own brews and end up swapping bottles with others to take home a mixed case. We could do it every other month or every 3 months (depending on what the interest is in this). Once I find out where everyone is coming from, I'll figure out a good middle point for us to meet.

If anyone wants to do this, just post here that you're in the area and like the idea. I'll create a Facebook group or something for it and we'll begin pooling what we have!

Or if something like this already exists, let me know!

:mug:
^^^ that's us, enjoying the beer we traded!

Not so much interested in a beer swap (90% of my beers are pale ales and that's mostly what I like to drink), but you might want to think about getting onto John Reynold's email list a Brew Your Own Beer in Havertown. Once a month during "brewing season" and every other month in the summer, he has beer tastings. People from all around will come and bring their beers. Some are unbelievable, some are awful, and it's always a good time. It's kind of a hike from Quakertown, but at least it's no more than five or ten minutes off the Blue Route.

I think a case-swap is too much. I wouldn't really be interested in that.

Steve, your idea sounds more like what I'm personally looking for. Do you have his e-mail? Thanks!

No worries! I just like using that LMGTFY site, which is sometimes kind of a jerky thing to do. Maybe I'll see you at a tasting sometime!

A whole case is a bit much to swap, but I'd be interested in a smaller swap if you put one together. Or if you'd like to coordinate any other homebrew-related events, I'd be glad to attend!

*grumbles about not having any homebrew clubs close enough*

Im definetly down to do that I'm from philly and have been looking for people to talk to about my homebrews.

A whole case was just an example. Hypothetically, 7 people could each bring 6 bottles. You trade one of your 6 to each person in exchange for one of their 6 and now each person is going home with 6 new beers (one from each person, minus themselves). Get it?

It could be done with any amount of people and any amount of bottles, but like I said, a case was an example.

We can also use this group to swap recipes and help each other out.

Is a Facebook group an easy way for you guys to keep track of it? We can use it to post recipes as notes, lists of what we're planning on bringing to the swap, questions, answers, etc. Let me know!

There is one at Craft Ale House in Limerick. I can get you the details if you'd like. On a side note, do you ever frequent Canal Street?

Sure, I'd appreciate the info...I hadn't heard of a club that close.

And yea, I go to Canal Street every now and again...great draught selection, and the Tuesday special prices are awesome. The only problem is that my friends aren't a huge fan...

Sure, I'd appreciate the info...I hadn't heard of a club that close.

And yea, I go to Canal Street every now and again...great draught selection, and the Tuesday special prices are awesome. The only problem is that my friends aren't a huge fan...

It's at Craft Ale House in Limerick, PA, the group is called Bruclear Homebrew Club. I believe it's every Tuesday of the month.

Yea Canal Street is my favorite in the Reading area. I really like their Tuesday $2.50 draft special. For the great selection of craft beer on tap, you can't beat it.

I have been trying to do this for a few months now localy but havn't had anyone respond to my posts. I will definetly participate.

K sounds like we got 2 takers in this thread. I have friends who homebrew as well that would get in on this. I'll make a FB group in a bit and PM the link to all who are interested.

Back