Homebrewer from Portland, OR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Fat

Reaction score
Hi.
I just found this forum, and it seems like a pretty nice place... I've been brewing for about 8 years (on and off). Right now, I try to brew about twice a month... I brew all grain, and just moved up to 10 gallon batches. Anyway, I'm hoping to learn a lot here, and maybe spread some of the small bit of knowlege I've gathered too.

Here's a pic of me brewing a 10 gal batch of porter in my new homemade "erector set" brew system.

Me Brewing

Cheers

Uncle Fat said:
Hi.
I just found this forum, and it seems like a pretty nice place... I've been brewing for about 8 years (on and off). Right now, I try to brew about twice a month... I brew all grain, and just moved up to 10 gallon batches. Anyway, I'm hoping to learn a lot here, and maybe spread some of the small bit of knowlege I've gathered too.

Here's a pic of me brewing a 10 gal batch of porter in my new homemade "erector set" brew system.

Me Brewing

Cheers

NICE! I'm jealous!!! That'd never fit in my apartment...my neighbors must love me....hahahaha!!!

Hey cool setup! Nice space-saving measures like putting the kettle under the liquor tank. And I love the wheels.

Welcome to the forum!

Hey, that is a nice rig! And you, sir, are in one of the beer meccas of the US! Two of my beer related goals are to someday attend the GABF in Denver and take a trip to Portland and bar-hop!

Welcome!

Rhoobarb said:
Hey, that is a nice rig! And you, sir, are in one of the beer meccas of the US! Two of my beer related goals are to someday attend the GABF in Denver and take a trip to Portland and bar-hop!

Welcome!

Thanks to all for the compliments on the brew system. I'm pretty happy with it.

As for Portland... Yeah, it's great living in 'beervana'.... It's nice to live in a town with at least half a dozen movie theaters who serve pints and pizza...Where you have to allow an extra 15 minutes when you go grocery shopping so you can browse the beer aisle.... Where the beer menus in restaurants are almost as lengthy as the food menus... oh well, you get the picture....

Back