Homebrewed Easybrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jduke

Reaction score
I'm considering a system upgrade from my cooler/Bayou pot/turkey fryer to something fancier. Electric has caught my eye. The new electric Blichmann Easybrew system looks great, but I don't really need the compact space. I do really like the simplicity and control the tower of power provides, and although it doesn't seem like an awful deal (around $2350 for the electric 10 gallon system), but is there any reason I couldn't put together my own system and save some $$?

I've found an electric keggle on craigslist nearby, with a 5500w element, dial thermometer, 1/2" ball valve, and sight glass for $250. I could purchase a top-tier stand with pump and controller for about $1225. Then, I could use my existing cooler mash tun, build a two-tier stand and recirc through the cooler and keggle if I wanted, right?

Any reason not to do this? Thanks!

I'm considering a system upgrade from my cooler/Bayou pot/turkey fryer to something fancier. Electric has caught my eye. The new electric Blichmann Easybrew system looks great, but I don't really need the compact space. I do really like the simplicity and control the tower of power provides, and although it doesn't seem like an awful deal (around $2350 for the electric 10 gallon system), but is there any reason I couldn't put together my own system and save some $$?

I've found an electric keggle on craigslist nearby, with a 5500w element, dial thermometer, 1/2" ball valve, and sight glass for $250. I could purchase a top-tier stand with pump and controller for about $1225. Then, I could use my existing cooler mash tun, build a two-tier stand and recirc through the cooler and keggle if I wanted, right?

Any reason not to do this? Thanks!
you dont even need the tier stands... I just use an old desk thats about 50" wide for all three of my components including a 13gallon pot, keggle/hlt and a 10g igloo cooler/MT.... you can use multiple 12v pumps which are only about $25 vs the bigger pumps which are nice but totally not needed...

Back