homebrew pride

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fair78

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been brewing over a year now. Things went fast do me, several below average extracts, a bunch of good all grains, a few great all grains, now onto 10 gallon batches. Basically I got in deep quickly. I've always made beer for myself. I have gave away some beers, but never got much for feedback. The guys at work (about 75% bud light drinkers and 25% Coors light drinkers) have been curious about my brewing. I decided to brew a batch for them. Did some hbt research and decided on BM's Cream of Three Crops. I did a ten gallon batch. Split it into two fermenters; one I fermented out normally, the other I racked onto three roasted jalapeños. Yesterday, after work, I gave out a half and half six pack to three coworkers. I went home and within 30 minutes I got three messages saying how great my beer is and two of the messages were asking if I would be willing to brew a batch if they paid for it! Basically I'm finally proud to be able to get bud light drinkers attention, and I'm thankful for this community's help! Especially BierMuncher!

Congrats!! Now get them to come over and witness how much effort goes into a batch and see if they hang around to help out a few times. Then explain to them that you cannot be paid legally to brew for them without a brewers license and that you could get into seriousl legal issues if you would get caught. Hopefully that will convince them to help you brew and possibly split batches with you or even get their own set-ups rolling.

I think he was saying they pay for the ingredients he doesn't charge them to actually brew the batch.

Congrats! I also got in deep very early on and I love the hobby. I also have had friends ask me to brew for them. I don't know if I should or not. I might be wrong but in my understanding, as long as the yeast is added by the person who will consume it, then it's not illegal to brew for others. I might be wrong.

Unless you advertised it would anyone really know?? I mean I'm not saying go market it for sale but if I had a friend or family member throw me a few bucks for ingredients and/or my time I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Sort of like the yearly limit, its there but there's no real oversight on it, unless you make a big deal out of it I don't think anyone would care.

Larzean said:
Unless you advertised it would anyone really know?? I mean I'm not saying go market it for sale but if I had a friend or family member throw me a few bucks for ingredients and/or my time I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Sort of like the yearly limit, its there but there's no real oversight on it, unless you make a big deal out of it I don't think anyone would care.

Very true.

Wow. I had a few too many home brews last night! To clarify my drunken ramblings, I'm not planning on selling my brews. It just felt good to get a positive reaction to my brews. I'm used to hearing things like " I don't like dark beer" or "call me when you make a batch of bud light".

the other I racked onto three roasted jalapeños.

Sounds great. I made a batch using hatch chiles in the boil and in secondary and it came out fantastic. Very easy drinking beer with some nice chile flavor and just a little heat.

Back