Homebrew Club Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bransona

Reaction score
Hi, all,

What are some of your favorite activities or events that you've participated in with your local homebrewers club? Competitions, meet-ups, group brews, etc? What about topics for meetings/presentations?

I was recently elected president of my local homebrew club, and our first meeting of the year is approaching quickly. I'm starting to realize I don't really have a year's-worth of plans in mind, so I thought I'd turn to the community-at-large for some advice. Thanks in advance [emoji482]

We run an in club competition 4 rounds with winning brewer getting final round beer brewed at a local brewery.

Style nights. A member will put together hand outs and talk about German, English, belgian beers etc.

Bad beer night. Bring in bad homebrew and discuss.

Social nights.

I would start with some ideas and let the club come up with more. Your members will then feel included.

I work retail, so I never know my schedule long term. Rarely get a weekend off, and I don't know of a club near me. I wanted to participate in group buys, but could not make sure I would be available for pick up.

We run an in club competition 4 rounds with winning brewer getting final round beer brewed at a local brewery.

Style nights. A member will put together hand outs and talk about German, English, belgian beers etc.

Bad beer night. Bring in bad homebrew and discuss.

Social nights.
We've done all of the above but "bad beer night," although one may argue that's just our "show and tell." Lol. I'm actually set to brew my winning beer in about a week, but I don't know that we have another prize like that lined up. Thanks for the reminder to look into it [emoji482]

We're also looking into a two-part partigyle meeting; the first month would be the "small beer," as it would be ready very quickly, and the next month would feature the "big beers."

I would start with some ideas and let the club come up with more. Your members will then feel included.

I work retail, so I never know my schedule long term. Rarely get a weekend off, and I don't know of a club near me. I wanted to participate in group buys, but could not make sure I would be available for pick up.
This month's meeting is going to be very laid back and dedicated to group input for the year! I agree that they'll be happy to be included, and honestly I need their help to do my best for the club [emoji28]

mis.jpg

Just joined my local homebrew club and am excited as I work only a half mile from the meeting site of the monthly get togethers. I will learn about their upcoming events and may suggest a 'bad beer' night as well.

Some of ours:

1. Big brew - 30 - 50 gallons, with interested members chipping in on the ingredients and taking home 5 gallons of wort.

2. Stein brew - Same as the big brew, but dipping hot rocks into the wort to boil it.

3. Brewery tours.

Back