Home brewers in Puerto Rico

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarpon87

Reaction score
Just got orders to San Juan for the next couple years. Any home brewers down there? Any clubs or good lhbs? It was either PR or Alaska so I'm pretty happy.

In case anyone finds themselves in the same boat as me, there is 1 homebrew club in PR. Homebrewers de Puerto Rico, you can find them on FB or google, they have a website. They are incredible! The craft beer scene is still relatively new and considerably smaller than in the states but it is growing and homebrewers are leading the way. Homebrewers and commercial breweries work very closely with each other and show immense support. It is truly a pleasure to be a part of it.

A veteran. I served in the eighties, on Decisive, Station Fort Totten NY, and Cape Horn (95' PB) as a Boatswain's Mate. I loved it, had plenty of adventure, but left for better pay and shorter hours as a cop.
Thanks for your service, stay safe and fair winds.

Just got orders to San Juan for the next couple years. Any home brewers down there? Any clubs or good lhbs? It was either PR or Alaska so I'm pretty happy.
Hey, been a couple years since I've been active in this forum. And haven't brewed much over the past couple years either, truthfully. However, trying to get back into it. I'm stationed in Ponce, PR. Any info you have on sources or clubs or whatever would be rad.

Hey, been a couple years since I've been active in this forum. And haven't brewed much over the past couple years either, truthfully. However, trying to get back into it. I'm stationed in Ponce, PR. Any info you have on sources or clubs or whatever would be rad.

@amandley Hey just saw this. There is only 1 homebrew shop on the island, Caribbean Brewing in Carolina. Its a small shop but the owner Billy is constantly making improvements, adding equipment and ingedients. His prices are good, especially considering shipping to the island and if he doesnt have what you need, he can order it. There is also only 1 home brew club on the island, Home Brewers de Puerto Rico, and its members are mostly in and around San Juan although I know there are brewers all over the island. They are an awesome bunch of brewers, you should join us for an event sometime.
As for shipping ingredients, YakimaValleyHops.com
FarmhouseBrewingSupply.com
AtlanticBrewSupply.com
will all ship in USPS flat rate boxes and it is much cheaper than shipping with UPS. Let me know if you have more questions.
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=24138411053&refid=46&ref=content_filter&__xts__[0]=12.{"browse_result_type":"browse_type_group","click_type":"result","module_result_position":0,"module_role":"ENTITY_GROUPS","result_id":24138411053,"session_id":"4273554616288e507d7e1010246e63dc","unit_id":"mtouch_bem_res:506818b95badf7a613d9afe016cee7bd","unit_id_click_type":"graph_search_results_item_in_module_tapped","unit_id_result_id":24138411053}

Last edited:
Hey just saw this. There is only 1 homebrew shop on the island, Caribbean Brewing in Carolina. Its a small shop but the owner Billy is constantly making improvements, adding equipment and ingedients. His prices are good, especially considering shipping to the island and if he doesnt have what you need, he can order it. There is also only 1 home brew club on the island, Home Brewers de Puerto Rico, and its members are mostly in and around San Juan although I know there are brewers all over the island. They are an awesome bunch of brewers, you should join us for an event sometime.

Thank you for this. I was able to find the store on maps. Very helpful people. Prices are very comparable with online prices. Will definitely go back for more supplies.

lol I'm at the RIO now and just came across this thread while looking for brewing resources on the island.

Back