Home Brewer TV Show #37

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you possibly have to do with John Palmer's book? How is it that you're taking email addresses and sending people to his online book? They can go there free. Did you actually have something to do with writing it?

If not, that's pretty sleazy.

Jsullivan02130, I am sorry you are unhappy with me connecting people through my website to the great book by John Palmer. I feel his book is a great resource for all home brewers and am happy to point people to his free version. Of course I collect emails, that is just a normal business practice.

Thanks,

Gary

this comment makes you sound retarded. how is that any different than this: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/brewing-blond-help-241587/#post2863464
I'm afraid neither of you sound all that intelligent here. The difference between what he has posted and what Gary is doing is that jsullivan02130 is simply pointing a site that is free to everyone no strings attached. On Gary's site you are asked to provide a name and email address to be sent to this same site. Now don't get me wrong I love the show and understand the need to get some kind of financial support, but I understand his issue. I think both of you could get your point across with out insulting some one.:mug:

I registered with his website a few months back and all I get are emails from him saying he has a new video up on his site, and a small description of what the video is about. He doesn't send me spam, and doesn't even have ads in his emails. He probably just wants your email so he can keep you informed. I honestly don't see any harm in that. Nice video Gary :mug:

It's funny Gary because ever since I put your show on my server and watch it in my livingroom you say to look over at the byo link or the sponsors below and I always catch myself looking knowing I'm not on my computer....lol...

I just realized what that is on his web site. You put your info in just to get directed to the website? I find this as a unethical business practice. Thats my opinion. i really enjoyed the show, but my integrity will no longer allow me to support Home Brewer TV.

Back