Home automation meet Tilt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iharyadi

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am not a home brewer. I am a Home automation enthusiast. I build sensor and develop software as hobby in SmartThings and Hubitat platform. A member there requests my help to bring Tilt into the Hubitat hub. Here is a video how far I got with it.

The idea is using an Home automation will open up a lot of automation and real time monitoring to home brewing process.

I apologize if this is not an appropriate forum to discuss this topic. Please let me know. I will be happy to remove it.

Thanks
Iman

Someone with administrative privileges Will have to determine if they want to moved.

I often change the settings of my Inkbird wifi temperature controller based upon the stage of fermentation. There is the potential to automate that. Unfortunately, I've upgraded my setup to include a Stasis glycol chiller which cannot be controlled except through its built-in control board.

I should be taking up on my brewing skill before I can comment to specific flow of brewing related to automation.

I just want to share here that on the home automation side, there are now a lot of off the shelf devices and sensor that would complement the brewing automation. There are more selection of switches that can be used to turn on and off heater, havc and many other. Other type of sensors like humidity, temperature, vibration are available with price coming down to their lowest.

On the hub (the controller side), the brain is getting better and more flexible. The hub notification to text messaging, apple/android notification, and smart speaker has become ubiquity. While one hub like Smartthings is big on Cloud accessibility for those who are always in the move, other like Hubitat is big on local access for performance. They are can be connected together. As a user, we can enjoy the best of both world. These hub will run your house too(security system, lighting, climate control and many other).

I am sure that many member here run home automation. I will be happy to talk and perhaps exchange ideas in regard applying some of your home brewing aspect to your home automation.

Thanks
Iman

Here is another off the shelve product. I bought this on Amazon for less than with Tax in amazon. Amazon have discount on these from time to time. The thermometer is designed for BBQ. But, I am sure that it can be used for monitoring boiler.

There are quite a bit of home automation hub in the following video. But, What I want to mentioned that with the hub, I can integrate it to Google Mini to have the hub announce the temperature reading.

If you are interested on the probe, here is the Amazon link.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076QDC5VL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back