Holy $#!@!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khan

Reaction score
I'm going to be a dad! This is good news, but I've had a few, and I'm freaking out a bit. It feels safe to say that here, where no one I know will read it, or know who I am. Anybody else freak out a little before their first kid was born?

Congratulations!

I definitely freaked out when I found out I was going to be a dad (I was only 22 or 23 at the time). It's exciting, but it's also terrifying to know that your life will never be the same and that you will be responsible for another person. I had quite a few beers the night I found out... The first time I saw my daughter, though, I knew everything would be alright.

I'm married, and I'm happy, don't get me wrong. It's just freaking me out a bit right now for some reason. I graduate school in December, and the baby isn't due until April, so hopefully I have a job and everything is good by then.

Our first is due in the next week or two.

We planned it though - I've been out of school for 8 years now, so it's a little different situation than yours.

I was super-excited. My wife and I had been trying for months ( fun -yes ). Then when 9/11 hit, our minds we on that and not having a baby, and BAM...pregnant!

I always tell my son he was at the infamous Snow Bowl Game ( Pats vs. Raiders in the 2001 playoffs ). We only had two tickets so we snuck him in ( in the wife's belly lol ).

Enjoy every minute because it will be gone in a flash.

Congratulations.

I really freaked out...since our first daughter was adopted! And the other three daughters are our biological daughters...but the first one is just as much a part of me as the other three. The youngest is now 26 [gawd...where did the time go] and the oldest is 33...and she's 8 months pregnant with first grandbaby...and THAT really freaks me out!

Enjoy them while they are young...and continue to enjoy them at whatever age they are.

glenn514:mug:

My oldest is going off to college next year. Man, it flies by! I remember when I found out my wife was pregnant. Working mostly 6-7 days a week, going to school nearly full time, remodeling a house, and then, a baby. The stress nearly killed me, but the having a baby part was really pretty easy, and I wouldn't change a thing (well, maybe getting a prescription for Wellbutrin to help my anxiety sooner...)

Congratulations

I too freaked out about my first, and even a little about my second. The best thing I can say is don't stress it, enjoy the ride, and look forward to being the best dad you can be. My two little guys are the best thing that ever happened to me, and I always said I didn't want kids. The scary thing is the unknown, but we all have parenting instincts. Plus on the bright side, you have a sober driver for the next nine months.

Congrats.... Best thing that ever happened in my life!! I never had a chance to freak out.. We had been dating for 3 years, 1 month before our wedding we got the surprise info but we were so busy planning the big day that it didn't sink in untill after... Then we decided that we would try for a boy and that got me 4 of the most beautiful girls... Soon the gun box goes next to the front door when I start freaking out about boys :)

Stock up yer homebrew pipeline now while you have the chance. In 2 years you likely will have trouble finding time and excuses to brew.

Congratulations to you. I was a little nervous when we had our first, now he's gonna get married next year and my youngest is a freshman in college. You'll be surprised how fast the time goes, so enjoy every minute of it.

Congratulations! No kids here, but all my friends I know had mild panic attacks (mainly from the planning and child gear aquisition). Seems normal to me.

I'm going to be a dad! This is good news, but I've had a few, and I'm freaking out a bit. It feels safe to say that here, where no one I know will read it, or know who I am. Anybody else freak out a little before their first kid was born?

Congrats!

Please post a list of your brewing equipment and asking prices. (You won't be needing them for a while) :)

I definitely freaked out a bit. We were really excited, and both anxious about the whole thing. But not as freaked out as I was the day we brought our oldest home for the first time. That's the moment the responsibility thing kicked into overdrive. Oldest turned 10 the beginning of Oct, youngest turns 8 tomorrow!

Back