Holy crap give me my stove back!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBOGAN

Reaction score
Just had the worst brew day to date at Rochester Mills Big Brew day. Got to site set up started my mash water and wondered where the electrical outlets(daisy chain of cords were... Asked someone and nope no power where i was. Had to move all my equipment 100 feet away and while moving my chugger pump dropped and busted the housing(did not notice until i was about to transfer water). So now i had to batch sparge and I have always fly sparged, yay:confused:. Burner was giving me a fit for half the day but long story short I filled my carboy with something that is 10 gravity points off and may taste okay.Tomorrow i will brew on my stove and save the outdoor stuff for a later date:(.

Yikes...I just pitched my yeast and checked gravity and hell i am only two points off and the gravity sample was awesome! Guess i should mess up more often, plus the pump is fixed and back in business:ban:

This is why I go to group brew days to hang out, drink beer, and talk to brewers... I'll make my own beer at my own house where I know I have everything ready (or only myself to blame if I don't).

I like group brews but I spend way too much time the night before making sure my truck is loaded with everything that I need. It is somewhat of a pain but it is fun and that totally makes up for the PITA.

I did it once and just don't like it. For one I like being able to pitch yeast and shove in my ferm chamber immediately, plus when I'm not in my home I seem to make mistakes because I'm out of my element I guess.

Brewing a belgian pale ale as we speak and everything is so much more relaxing. Water easy to get ,power do not need it and gravity running it all.

I built a portable brew rig of simplified design just for the purpose of brewing with friends and club members for special events. I enjoy it a great deal. I have brewed multiple medal winning and gold medal winning beers in the driveways of friends. Just have to plan well and simplify. I do not attempt triple decoction beers or 1.100 RIS's as my "travel beers".

Back