Holy Cow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mookie

Reaction score
Just finished my first AG Batch. SNPA Clone that I made up on my own based on some recipes that I found on the web and merged together.

As an extract brewer that has 11 extracts under his belt................I just want to say that ALL GRAIN IS FREAKING FUN.

Did the beersmith thing for free for 21 days and built a recipe and batch sheet around my system.

Mashed at 154F. Fell to 152F over 1 hour. Batch Sparged with 175F water, grain bed never got over 163F. Used my homemade mash tun built from a 5 gallon Gott Cooler with a SS hose jacket built using advise from this site.

Final gravity was 1.055 vs 1.054 estimated my beersmith.

Tossed on a White Labs 001 starter harvested from my last batch of brew (SNPA clone using extacts) using the washing techniques that are available on this web site.

I will keep y'all posted.

I agree, it is a flipping blast, I skipped the extract part, and my first batch was an all-grain beer, I havent looked back and I still have a great time every brew day! congrats on that beer! and here is to the next one! :mug:

Got up at 4:30 am to walk dog.......8 hours in and already passing gas through air lock.

Latest posts

Back