Holy Carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukinfuts29

Reaction score
Backstory: I tried out a new hard lemonade recipe I have been working on. I let it ferment out to 1.000 then added an 11oz container of lemonade concentrate in the bottling bucket and bottled it up.

Tonight is 2.5 weeks later, so I decided to open one up and see how it was coming. I have an endless supply of twist bottles, so I figured this was a good chance to try out the new bench capper with them.

Well, the bench capper definitely works. I grabbed one from the box in the brew closet, came out to the kitchen and twisted the cap off. The gyser that came from the bottle soaked my 8.5 month pregzilla of a wife like an angry bottle of champagne.

I have NEVER had something carb up like this. Then again, I always make them cold before I open em.

Question: If I get them in the fridge, will they still do this when I open them?

Yep, cool 'em down. Lower temperature equals lower pressure. That is the law of the universe in Carbonationville.

Are you sure how much sugar was in the lemonade concentrate before bottling? It's possible there was too much sugar for your batch...

Back