Holiday Recipe ideas... Need help!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDoubleDuBB

Reaction score
Hey all,

Have a big X-Mas party coming up in approx 7 weeks. I want to brew 2 5-gal batches which I will keg up. I need ideas... One dark and one light to please the people. My initial thoughts are a Coffee StStoutand a Saison. Please discuss and let me know what you think!

i think has far as your picks for styles go, you're good to go. personally, i'd maybe go for a dub or maybe a trippel for the "light" side. saison is just too dry and fizzy for me during the wintery months.

kind of the wrong season for a saison... ;)Saison's get a lot of their flavor from warm fermentation temperatures, but if you have the means, it might work.

I'd agree with Neosapien and probably do a dubbel if you want to stick with Belgian, or even a sessionable Belgian Pale Ale. My initial thoughts for the light were a cream ale, however, as it is closer to what "the people" are probably used to.

i just did Northern Brewers Spiced Winter Ale. I would def. recommended it for a winter party. Its super easy drinking. Even my mom liked it, or at least she claimed to... Low IBU, the mulling spices are what makes this beer

Excellent ideas! Especially the Spiced Winter. I was considering spicing up my Saison with something like nutmeg. Thoughts?

Back