Holiday problem :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momodig

Reaction score
Today was a holiday in Canada - All stores were closed.

I had a problem with my primary, I noticed today it was not sealed properly due to deformed container .... (thinking back on it I should have taken of the lid and used plastic wrap). I didn't though. The stout was in Primary for a week, I noticed imperfection in the container today, and quickly racked to secondary (carboy). *odd* situation with the defected container -- yesterday my wife back her car up into in the garage and warped it -- she didn't tell me)

The yeast still appears very active in secondary. Did I ruin the batch my racking to soon? Again the imperfection was not big, so not much air got into the primary. I just panic'd...

I hope everything will be okay?

The layer of co2 on top of your beer was protecting it fine I would suspect, but you didn't ruin it. Many people use the 1-2-3 process their first few brews until they learn its not the preferred method. (thats 1 week primary, 2 secondary, 3 bottled.)

Do you know what your OG was and what the SG when you racked was?

Since your fermentation is still active, there is virtually no chance of infection or other damage to the batch. The CO2 will protect it from air.

Back