"holding" the flavor of a beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redpiper

Reaction score
After searching I found lots of threads related to this question, but not an actual answer to this question. If a particular beer hits a desired flavor, does moving into refrigeration temps help to hold it there? Can refrigeration be thought of as a way to "pause" aging/conditioning (or at least greatly slow it)?

Yes +1

However, I am unsure as to just HOW long the flavor will hold in the fridge. The longest I have had beer sitting in the fridge is six weeks. At that point, it was just as tasty as the others I had stuck in all at the same time.

I guess it if sits in the fridge longer than six weeks you need a new hobby.:D
Pez.

I feel like there is always an ongoing evoulution of taste of beer.I dont think i ever have had a consistant taste of a beer being tasted from one week to another.Refrigerating will definatly slow it down and if its where you want it refrige it or cellar it. I have been sticking em in the basement around 50 deg. after 7 weeks or so room temp. I would say even doing this they still taste better as they go.
Taste is weird though some days you eat differnt things and your palate changes.Its kinda like when i try a new beer dont like it try it again then like it after 2 or 3 more times.Also if you eat different things like try spicy then drink a stout or try a oreo then drink a stout-know what i mean?

Back