Hola from Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adjmcloon

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a beer nut, however I know nothing about brewing. I am looking forward to reading through the forums! I just read about a honey orange hefe that sounds excellent, however I don't know if that would be too advanced for my first brew.

Off to read! Just wanted to say hello from Texas.

Howdy! TX is a big state - what part? We've got brewers here from all over TX. Many of them are willing to help you get started and show you what brewing's all about.

Everything you need to know about brewing is right here. This really is the best brewing forum around.

No, it must be their psychic powers or jedi mind tricks. Ed knew my daughter's middle name, anyway.

See, the Amazing Edwort. Watch as I hold this blank packet of dry yeast to my forehead.

Hmmmm... Nottingham!

nottingham.jpg

Yes, I do know it is in scarce supply, but I do have a secret stash... :D

Welcome to the forums.
I am in Austin. This is the BEST place to learn brewing...
Once you read a couple of books :)

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am in southeast Texas, (Nederland) about an hour from Houston. I have been reading Palmer's "How to Brew" and I think I have a decent grasp on the basics.

Would you guys recommend skipping bottling and jumping right into using a keg? Also it seems that a hefe is a good place to start since, from what I understand, you don't really need to deal with a secondary. Would austinhomebrew.com be the place to get my first "kit"?

Thanks!

Kegging is a bit of an investment compared to bottling. I wouldn't make that leap until you're sure you're going to stick with it.

AHS's kits are good. Can't go wrong with them.

Hi everyone,

I am a beer nut, however I know nothing about brewing. I am looking forward to reading through the forums! I just read about a honey orange hefe that sounds excellent, however I don't know if that would be too advanced for my first brew.

Off to read! Just wanted to say hello from Texas.

San Antonio here!!
Welcome!

Latest posts

Back