Hola from Charlotte

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weirrp

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been brewing for about a year, and am completely addicted. I have brewed 16 batches into bottles, and recently 2 into kegs. I built a keezer with a 2 tap tower. It works awesome, however the two kegs are flat. I kegged them before I had gas, so I carbonated them with 3/4 cups of priming sugar. They have plenty of head, but taste flat. Does anyone know what I might have done wrong? I have a good setup, but now want to make great beer. I have my favorite clone in my secondary, and want it to carbonate properly. Can anyone help?

Welcome to HBT! As far as naturally carbonating kegs, I've only tried it once, and it didn't work very well at all. I force carb all my kegs, it's much easier to get your carbonation level to where you want. If you have a lot of head, but it tastes flat, then your beer lines might be too short, how long is your beverage line?

That sounds too short to me. For a balanced system, you need 6-7 feet. If you're shorter, you're going to lose CO2 when you dispense.

Back