HLT Wort Recirc Coil - Buy Not Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrjofus1959

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've recently started putting together a new HERMS system for myself after many years of just drinking the local micros and not brewing. When it came to buidling the HLT and making the recirc coil I was on the fence with respect to buying a roll of stainless tubing and making it myself, or buying.

I decided to buy a pre-made based on a tip from another homebrewer, and all I can say is WOW am I glad I did!!! I bought a 50' 1/2" SS coil precoiled to a 14" OD with 2 perfectly formed 90-degree ends which I could hooked directly to my HLT's compression fittings, and it cost less than $100.

If you're interested it's available through Stainless Brewing:

http://www.stainlessbrewing.com/Coiled-to-customers-request-035-304304L-Coiled-Tubing_p_30.html

No I'm not associated with the company at all, just one very happy customer. The shape of the coil is perfect, and I could never have done anything that looked anywhere near as good.

Back