• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Minnesota Electric Brew Kettle (MegaPot 15 gal) and HERMS coil / chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

storunner13

Reaction score
I'm selling my HLT and HERMS coil. Changing to RIMS and a 2 vessel system:

$180 -- 15 gallon MegaPot, bulkhead and dip tube, plus a second bulkhead and thermometer. This kettle has volume markers, rubberized handles and lid. I punched a hole in the back left quarter of the kettle and have soldered on a 1.5" Tri Clamp soldering spud from Brewhardware. The solder is very solid, and runs to the edge of the junction with the hole. This kettle is ready for your tri-clamp enabled heating element for some electric brewing. I can include a TC cap. -- $180 for everything or less if you don't need the bulkheads/cap.

I also have a tri clamp element I may be willing to part with if you want the whole package.

$80 -- Stainless HERMS coil / Chiller. I set this up as a portable/removeable HERMS coil. 50' of 1/2" stainless tubing. 12.5" diameter. Clears 24" at the top. Purchased from Stainless Brewing and I added the compression Camlock fittitings from BrewHardware. This is excellent for low oxygen brewing--allows you to chill with your stainless chiller, as well as do step mashes with the same piece of gear.

Holler with any questions. More Photos here:

Attachments

• IMG_9993.JPG
    IMG_9993.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_7904.JPG
    IMG_7904.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4617.JPG
    IMG_4617.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2439.JPG