Hit the jackpot with some old beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerChef17

Reaction score
Well cleaned out my old beer room to take everything to my apartment and I hit the jackpot! For starters I had way more bottles than I remembered, 10 cases total. I'm chucking 3 and keeping the rest. In the bottom of the cabinet I go to pull out the last two cases...and Damn they are heavy! Initially fear sets in, I've abandoned 2 cases of brew for 2 years. A tear came to my eye. As I go to inspect further all isn't as bad as it seems. Roughly over a half case of over carbed cream ale and a few smoked porters that ended up being gushers-i can live with getting rid of these. I pop open the second case and it's 20 bottles of ipa, and I remember this stuff being good. I pop the bottle open and the head slowly rises out of the bottle but stops there. I pour it into a glass for a taste...and it's still good! Jackpot baby! The head is thick but a little head never hurt no one 😉🍻🍻🍻

Back