Hisense 7.2 chest freezer hinge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just open the lid all the way , and then go around back and unscrew em. (hold the lid so it doesn't fall tho) ;)

I can't imagine they're that strong that you couldn't hold it with your hand while you unscrewed it...the lid can't weigh but 10pounds, right ?

...and congrats on the screemin' deal

Damn, that's a good deal!
My point about the lid weight was , since it's not very heavy, the springs aren't very strong (easy to hold while you take the screws out) .

I think most keezer builders (including myself) attach the insulated wooden collar to the freezer, and then reattach the freezer lid (and hinges) to the collar, so you're still opening the same lid.

Anyway, good luck with your build, looks like you have plenty of space for beer :mug:

I bought this exact freezer for my keezer build, just unscrew the hinges while the lid is closed. I used the same lid and used the traditional wood collar built with 2x8s, using the same hinges. So far so good, and I am able to fit 4 corny kegs, although I’m using only 3 taps. I’ve always wondered how much Costco marks up in Hawaii, my freezer was $200 a month ago.

Latest posts

Back