Hilton Head SC: Any recommended beer spots?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cugel

Reaction score
We're off to Hilton Head SC in August to hit the beaches. Does anyone recommend any family oriented restaurants with a good beer selection? It's guaranteed that MIL will try to drag us to the Outback. ugh. shudder. Having said that they have Lamb chops. Mmmm...

Any good liquor stores where I can replenish my supplies when we run dry?

Thanks!

There is a brewery there but the brew is far from impressive. If you want to try it out it's a few blocks from the traffic circle outside Sea Pines. I wish I could tell you exactly where but I got so turned around trying to find it. Mellow Mushroom (a great pizza joint) has many good brews on tap. My fav there is the Highland Gaelic which is brewed out of Asheville NC.

There is a brewery there but the brew is far from impressive. If you want to try it out it's a few blocks from the traffic circle outside Sea Pines.
I know Sea Pines well. All that driving about in circles does yer had in all right.

I wish I could tell you exactly where but I got so turned around trying to find it. Mellow Mushroom (a great pizza joint) has many good brews on tap. My fav there is the Highland Gaelic which is brewed out of Asheville NC.

We all love the 'zas so we'll have to do the Mellow Mushroom.

Thanks for the tips!

Not a restaurant, but to buy some sixers go to the Piggly Wiggly at Shelter Cove.

Seriously.

The wife and I just got back last week from our place in Harbour Pointe. The selection at the Piggly Wiggly was amazing - lots of Victory brews, lots of local stuff (Palmetto, etc.), even some solo bottles of Belgians and some German ales. Better selection that Reilley's liquor store, for sure.

Went to HH 4 weeks ago and for some reason I thought everything was kinda sleeping. Palmetto is quite tasty I thought and wouldn't mind getting a few more, but other than that I didn't really come across anything impressive. The brewery was closed (for the day?) when I was there. I googled from the hotel and found some source that said it recently got new owners and something about a hiphop night. That didn't really go well with me.

Went to HH 4 weeks ago and for some reason I thought everything was kinda sleeping.

It's not called the (s)low country for nothing! :)

Palmetto is quite tasty I thought and wouldn't mind getting a few more, but other than that I didn't really come across anything impressive.

Palmetto is a good solid beer, I agree with you! The traffic is impressive at times though. I do like the beaches though.

I do like the beaches though.

I live about 300' away from the beach ... I certainly didn't go for the beaches! :D Golf was awesome tho ...and the trip to Savannah, and Charleston, and and and :cross:
:off:

Back