High Temp O-Rings For Weldess Ball Valve / Thermometer - McMaster?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveC

Reaction score
I can't seem to find anything similar to the red, high temp o-rings that come with the weldless thermobob kits from Midwest or Northern Brewer. I was thinking maybe McMaster has some but haven't looked into it yet. I know they have the o-rings for corny kegs... so assume they'd have the fatter, red high temp rings for use on weldless applications. Has anyone ever looked into that? I found a ton of o-rings at the hardware store, but they're just not beafy enough to work on a weldless install. I've tried, they work on cooler conversions, but not on aluminum or stainless steel vessels. Ideally, I want the same ones offered in the kits I can buy online but without paying 12 bucks a piece for the kits.. plus shipping. I was also curious if anyone has found the larger washers and large stainless nuts anywhere other than a home brew supply catalog. Again, I assume I can track that stuff down on McMaster or Bargain Fittings but before I tuck in to start researching, I figured I'd ask first.

So... best place to cheaply purchase hi-temp o-rings, washers, and nuts for weldess installs on keggles. Any direction, advice, suggestions? Hack Depot and Lowes don't seem to have anything I can use other than the brass valves and misc. other brass fittings.

Harbor freight sells viton o ring kits. I use a few of them in my mash tun. But they should be fine in a boil kettle

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Home Brew mobile app

I don't. The one I ordered was a 12.5" ring for my conical. If you reference the o-ring chart stickied at the top of this forum it'll tell you which size you need. Then select from the o-ring website's drop down.

Not sure if they'll have a minimum quantity in your case. My one large o- ring was all I ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back