High gravity Belgian

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yzf426scott

Reaction score
I made a high gravity Belgian it's my first high gravity and am going to be bottleing soon and was wondering how much corn sugar I should use for priming I normally use 3/4 cup but I don't want this to be over carbed any thoughts? I havn't done a final gravity reading yet but it's estimated at 10.5%abv

google "carbonation calculator" and fill in the blanks. it'll tell you how much of your corn sugar to add. you'll be able to choose how many volumes of carbonation, and most will even offer a range of vols by style.

You may want to consider adding some extra yeast at bottling, depending on how long it's been sitting around.

You don't need to add yeast, although it is typical of the style. You're sure to have adequate yeast in the beer to carb up.

Your normal amount of carbing sugar will be sufficient for this batch. Add some extra yeast and be prepared to let it sit for about 12 months minimum before you try it. If you wait that long, you will like the results. Big Belgian batches take a long time to develop.

Back