Hi temp liquid tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PilotBMP

Reaction score
I have filtered these forums and still no luck, can anyone tell me where I can hi temp 1/2" ID tubing that can withstand boil temps without compromising integrity? Thanks all!

Ben

I use the clear, braided, high pressure line from the local hardware store, and have never had any problems.

Cut a few inches off and boil for 1/2 hour in distilled water. Smell it. Let cool and drink a bit. It may change your mind on not having problems from it.

Thick walled silicone tubing is the way to move hot wort.

Cut a few inches off and boil for 1/2 hour in distilled water. Smell it. Let cool and drink a bit. It may change your mind on not having problems from it.

Thick walled silicone tubing is the way to move hot wort.

It's the same silicone tubing you buy at any HBS.

I have filtered these forums and still no luck, can anyone tell me where I can hi temp 1/2" ID tubing that can withstand boil temps without compromising integrity? Thanks all!

Ben

In contact with wort? Silicone, like others have said.
Just hot water (non-potable)? Reinforced vinyl or high-temp rubber hose (goodyear makes some) will work, but is not food safe.

If your not concerned about color, try and diesel repair shop or dealer. I'm in the heavy diesel industry and pretty much every single low pressure hose we use is 100% silicone. The heater hoses are 2 ply silicone with a nylon braid. From the hose manufacturer, they are good to 300*F. This is what I am going to use in my home brew set up once I get it finished up. Its nothing for me to pull a few feet from a 300ft roll of heater hose.

But everything I have read, says silicone is the way to go, especially for hot wort.

I have been using Norprene A-60-F, 275°F, food grade hoses for years.
US Plastic is one of the sellers.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

I have been using Norprene A-60-F, 275°F, food grade hoses for years.
US Plastic is one of the sellers.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

for 1/2", its $4 a foot plus shipping. what makes it better than silicone?

Back