hi nub here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baja_bug

Reaction score
just wanted to introduce myself i just picked up a kit to start brewing yesterday and the ingridients for my first batch (texas bock) ill hopefully get to brew on sunday if i get my kettle finished by then ill have to post and let yall know how it goes

andrew

baja_bug said:
just wanted to introduce myself i just picked up a kit to start brewing yesterday and the ingridients for my first batch (texas bock) ill hopefully get to brew on sunday if i get my kettle finished by then ill have to post and let yall know how it goes

andrew

Your first batch is a lager? Good luck and enjoy the wonderful world of brewing!

yeh i aint scared the guy at the brew store said this one isint hard even if you have to ferment at room temprature

but i am taking an old refrigerator and adding a thermastat so i can do lagers in there at a later date

andrew

baja_bug said:

andrew

Wow! The Texas Bock I recipe that I've seen shows that to be a pretty big beer. OG of 1.094 and ABV of 9.6%. Which yeast did you pick up for this one? Let us know how it comes out.

Wild

Allright, another Texan. Let us all know how it goes. Your in for a lot of fun
with this hobby.

Welcome to the club!!! I just started brewing this year and I can't believe how great the beer I make tastes. I can't make enough...all my friends drink it as fast as I can bottle it! :D

Keep us posted.

the og of the texas bock i got is 1.045 and should finish at 1.012

as far as the yeast for my first brew i went with dry saflager yeast

there was a little delay on my kettle so i probably wont brew till monday

andrew

BTW Texas rules

baja_bug said:
BTW Texas rules
Well actually Texas sucks, but since we're all stuck here, and apparently aren't free to leave, then it's certainly OK to convince ourselves that "sucks" is really "rules". ;)
Texas Rules!! Rock On!! :D
Free Kingwood!!!

Welcome Baja Bug,
Wow, with all the Texans we have within a couple of hours of each other, maybe we should get together for a "hombrewtalk" beer tasting extravaganza!!!!
What kind of kettle are you getting? Are ya starting of all-grain?

im using an old keg i got a free one lined up so im waitin on that

im startin out with malt only i might mess with grain in the future

Back