Hi newbie here. Glad I found this forum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessebaseball

Reaction score
Hello home brewers. I'm Jesse from montebello.
Just starting out. I don't even know how to post from the mobile app.
Is it possible?

But my main question is: I just received a 2.5 gallon corney keg
And I would like to carbonate water.

1. Can the keg and the co2 tank lie on its side in a refrigerator while in and out of use?

2. I assume its not as easy as setting the reg to about 35psi and forgetting it
And dispensing at will. If I leave the gas on at 35psi and don't turn it off will it blow a hole in the keg? I hope not.

In summery how can I carbonate water from a corney keg.

Welcome to the site !!! First yea you can post from the mobile app I am doing it right now. Secondly yes you can store a keg of water on its side while not in use just don't serve anything from it on its side as it may not have liquid to cover the dip tube and you would blast co2 out if the line. Lastly yes to make seltzer water just fill up the keg all the way put their on and connect the lines. Next crank up the psi to 35 and leave it for 2 - 3 days then lower it to like 10 psi and that's your serving pressure. The co2 an H20 will for carbonic acid which is what gives Seltzer that acidic dry after taste. Good luck !!! Brew beer not water.

Back