Hi, my name is Steve... And I'm a cideraholic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vox

Reaction score
Hey all. My name is Steve. I signed up over a month ago, but have been so busy pouring through so many threads and reading my book on cider crafting that I have not made it to this thread/section. My buddy and I started brewing a few months ago with Mr. Beer. He brews beer and I remain true to cider crafting. I've long enjoyed the nectar of the gods known to mortals as cider and recently decided to try my hand at making my own. Some of my favorites are Strongbow, Crispin, Angry Orchard, and Magners. The new Woodchuck Belgian limited edition is pretty tasty and Hornsby Crisp Apple is ok, but otherwise I don't care for the run of the mill (pun intended) Woodchuck, Ace, etc. I thought I enjoyed semi dry ciders. but after reading and trying my first taste of EdWort's Apfelwein, have realizing my American taste buds enjoy the backsweetened variety. I'm originally from NYC, have now lived in AZ for 11 years.
I have enjoyed reading hours of posts, appreciate all of your patient, helpful responses and knowledge that you have shared. I am reading http://www.amazon.com/Cider-Making-Using-Enjoying-Edition/dp/1580175201 and learning new things every day. I most enjoy your replies and posts imparting knowledge you learned along the way, helping me to avoid common newbie mistakes and steering us in the right direction. Feel free to contact me should you have any good newbie friendly recipes other than EdWort's Epic Apfelwein. I currently have EdWort's Apfelwein and NineMilBill's Blackberry cider in the works and have plans to make a few 1 gallon batches to experiment with different ingredients such as brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, honey, and different yeasts as soon as I find a few good 1 gallon recipes. I look forward to getting to know all of your fellow cider enthusiasts. Cheers! :mug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya Vox! I have a ginger cider sitting in primary right this very minute. I'll be there for about another week before transferring to a secondary (assuming I decide to transfer). I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out.

Keithcrash said:
Hiya Vox! I have a ginger cider sitting in primary right this very minute. I'll be there for about another week before transferring to a secondary (assuming I decide to transfer). I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out.

I need to try the Angry Orchard Ginger. I've only had the regular. My girl is going away for the weekend so large amounts of cider are on the schedule for this weekend.

I need to try the Angry Orchard Ginger. I've only had the regular. My girl is going away for the weekend so large amounts of cider are on the schedule for this weekend.

That's really not a bad idea... I should grab some myself. Large amounts of cider is necessary.

Keithcrash said:
That's really not a bad idea... I should grab some myself. Large amounts of cider is necessary.

I just decided to make some mead this weekend for the first time in addition to bottling my apfelwein.

Latest posts

Back