Hi from Suffolk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishingfalcon

Reaction score
Just found this site. Been brewing for a few years now and all been going pretty well. BUT last two batches of bitter have had a strange corky flavour. Not sure if it's a beer finings I'm using or something else. Does anyone know if theres a way to rescue the beer as I have two barrels of the stuff and it is beautiful and clear with a lovely head it just tastes off.

cheers

jonathan

Hi to Suffolk!

I'm a noob, so I'm not much help to you. I'm betting most people will tell you to let it age a bit longer. Having said that, it's a bitter, so it should be good to go a lot sooner than most other ales. It would be helpful to those that know if you can post more details about your brew. If you do a search on this site, but can't find what you need, then ask again in one of the relevant forums. The people here are a terrific resource, and welcome to HBT!! :)

Thanks I will do. Not sure which forum to put the question in. It is a bitter kit which I have used several time and it's been in the barrel for 2 months now but will try search ing for a rescue.

Back