hi from pa/de/md area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davefj40

Reaction score
just starting to read and get into this. i love beer so i figured i should give this a shot. i'm in the Fairhill area of Maryland (5 minutes to Pa and DE) and would like to meet some people in the area that are brewing.

looking forward to learning a lot.

dave

Welcome! I live in Joppatowne, not too far south of you. There are a number of us Marylanders, but I think most of us are south of where I am.

There's a homebrew shop in Baldwin, MD - which might be a bit of a hike for you, but the closest I know if. I heard about one in Aberdeen, but I haven't been up there yet to see if it exists.

Also, check out State Line Liquors just above Elkton - they have a beautiful selection of international brews. Microbrew selection is kinda hit or miss, but isn't bad.

i know Robert at Stateline very well, too well maybe. looking at picking up a Racer 5 keg afterwork from there today.

dave

MULE said:
Welcome to HBT Dave

Viva the Peoples Republic of Maryland!

thanks, that big IPA sound inviting :) that's what i want to learn to make as that's what i mostly drink. great time to be trying to do that with hops and all but i'm looking at growing them also.

davefj40 said:
just starting to read and get into this. i love beer so i figured i should give this a shot. i'm in the Fairhill area of Maryland (5 minutes to Pa and DE) and would like to meet some people in the area that are brewing.

looking forward to learning a lot.

dave
Welcome aboard! You've got quite a bit of company here. Check out Evets brew day on May 31. We'll be getting together to brew a bunch of beer. You could see first hand some AG brewing. He lives about 20 minutes N of Lancaster Pa. That is probably about a little over an hours drive from where you are.

davefj40 said:
thanks, that big IPA sound inviting :) that's what i want to learn to make as that's what i mostly drink. great time to be trying to do that with hops and all but i'm looking at growing them also.
LOL! I hope The Big 12 turns out ok. The OG was 1.111 and is about to start week three in the primary.

You should check out Yooper's DFH 60 clone. It's located in the recipe database here at HBT. I belive she did the conversion from all grain to extract.

Here's another hello in between Bawlmer and Naptown (Baltimore and Annapolis for the non locals)

Spunkmeyer said:
Greetings from just south of you in Kent County; I grew up in Elkton/North East...

thanks everyone, looking forward to this new adventure.

my brother inlaw lives in Cecilton so i'm down your way alot. Chestertown is a nice place. let me know if you ever need some help.

dave

Welcome! I live in Joppatowne, not too far south of you. There are a number of us Marylanders, but I think most of us are south of where I am.

There's a homebrew shop in Baldwin, MD - which might be a bit of a hike for you, but the closest I know if. I heard about one in Aberdeen, but I haven't been up there yet to see if it exists.

Also, check out State Line Liquors just above Elkton - they have a beautiful selection of international brews. Microbrew selection is kinda hit or miss, but isn't bad.

I work in Aberdeen and saw the address for the place here. It looks like it's a residential address, but who knows.

Also, I used to live in elkton, literally across the street from State Line. That place is awesome, I still stop in if I'm ever driving through Elkton.

Sweet. I'll have to give it a shot. can you post the name/addy for me? I've lost all knowledge of what it might have been since giving up on it.

I just joined the forum and found this thread, I live in the Rising Sun area and was wondering were you guys get your supplies. I have most of my hardware but need a few things. Most of my stuff is from 10 years ago when I first tried brewing while in the army, but I didn't have time, now I do and it would be nice to have local people to talk with.

Back