Hi from Connecticut

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimmiC

Reaction score
:mug:
Hi Everyone,

I am so excited for Saturday morning! I am brand new to all of this and since I love beer, I want to try and make it myself - which will be on Saturday. I went to a local place that sells the equipment, got a mini lesson, some books to read and I am very glad that I found this forum. Looks like a ton of good info in here.

I bought a "deluxe starter kit" which consists of a 5 gallong stainless steel brew pot, a fermentation bucket and glass carboy, strainer, gravity reader, floating thermometer, sanitizer. Also came with two books - one of them written by the owners. I've been reading and I'm a little overwhelmed but I was told once I get the hang of this, I'm gonna be addicted.

I got a kit of Moose Drool so we'll see how that comes out. I'll be brewing kit beers for a while until I get the hang of it.

Glad to be here! :)

Welcome! I live in CT, too(Danbury). I just brewed my first batch today. Is your LHBS Maltose Express? I actually went to their extract brewing class last month. It's a great shop, and I can't wait to try some of their clone kits. Good luck with your first brew day!
-Alfred
:mug:

Back