Hey Ohio State...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildwest450

Reaction score
Leave the fu*&ing big 10, your an embarrassment. You fail in every big game, you stink, you suck, you blow! Jim Tressel is a king size vinegar ******! How do you play 2 quarterbacks the whole game?? You just embarrassed 1/4 of the United States. May God have mercy on your pathetic souls. Ass licking buckeye's.:mad:

My buddy would love you right about now. (NOT)

He woke my ass up just to complain about a sport (and sports team) I care nothing about.
Now that I think about it, I like your idea. No Buckeyes, no bad games, no drunk buddy calling me at odd hours to complain...
Im cool with that
-Me

I was afraid this was gonna happen...the Big Ten got smoked in another bowl game. They went 1-7 this year and didn't do much better last year. I know my Badgers got it handed to them bigtime.

There's always basketball season...

It wasn't a bad game and it was far from an "embarrassment" as you so succinctly attempted to put it.

Ohio States defense, which was shaky at times this season, held the #3 ranked scoring offense in the country to 24 points.

The offense, which had trouble maintaining drives, did an admirable job of moving the football (I hope that Beanie's injury in the second half hurts his draft status....He has been fragile, and I would love to see him back for one more season to improve on that)

They showed a lot of resiliency to come back and take the lead late in the game. Your calls of embarrassment are pretty over the top. NONE of the Big Ten teams fared very well this year, but I like the adjustments the offense made coming into the game, and the grit that the defense showed against a loaded and very talented offense.

I just wish those guys had made one last stop.

To call that performance an embarrassment is a little over the top. Especially in a game that 99% of people thought would be an absolute blowout.

I give credit to Texas for their final drive, and Colt McCoy is going to be a heck of a QB for a lot of years.

Either way, I'm proud of the way THE Ohio State University football team played today, and I think it gives them some momentum into next season, because they played MUCH BETTER than most people expected.

Both teams played well and Ohio would (should) have won if it weren't for a shady call on that Texas first down with 1 minute to go. Granted, Ohio should have run the ball quite a bit more instead of trying to throw so much, however, I don't think their performance tonight was an embarrassment, far from it.

This was hardly the ***-kicking of OSU we've seen over the past couple of years from SEC teams. It was a good game that came down to the wire and could have gone either way. What more could you really want out of a bowl game?

it was the best bowl game i've watched this year...

not an embarrassment like the past two years, or like penn state this year, it was a hard fought game. when pr-yor learns how to throw, he's gonna be a sweet qb.

Wow is that what losing every year in a bowl game does to you guys. Hey, we didn't get our ass whipped by 30 points this year, woo-hoo! Jesus, you supposedly had a "great" senior defense, and what did they do? They let stupid Colt drive all the way down the field and score on your butts with 10 seconds left. Yes, great, I applaud mediocrity.

It's not "that's what losing does to us." It's that it was a good game. I fully expected Ohio State to get blown out as Jim Tressel stuck to his overly-conservative game plan. After all, that's what everyone has seen for the past couple of years.

As for leaving the Big 10 as you suggested in your original post, why bother? Do you really think OSU is holding the Big 10 down? The entire Big 10 sucks. It has sucked for years. Big 10 teams wouldn't be going to BCS bowls if they weren't already part of the system and if they didn't get the media love at the beginning of each season.

so bitter ww450... guessing you are a buckeye fan, or lost a huge sum on the longhorns not covering the spread? ;)

After watching that, I feel better about voting McCoy first on my Heisman ballot. Now if Bradford falls on his face Thursday night, I will be vindicated.

Wow is that what losing every year in a bowl game does to you guys. Hey, we didn't get our ass whipped by 30 points this year, woo-hoo! Jesus, you supposedly had a "great" senior defense, and what did they do? They let stupid Colt drive all the way down the field and score on your butts with 10 seconds left. Yes, great, I applaud mediocrity.

Hardly! Everyone wanted a win, and we almost got it.
However we can be good sports and congratulate a very good team for pulling it out at the end.

This was a great game and both teams played hard and made some good plays. Texas has a high powered offense that no one has really contained. Ohio State did a good job of keeping them in check but couldn't completely shut them down. OSU also did pretty good moving the ball. If Pryor could throw a little more accurately and if the receivers would catch it when he did the offense would look even better.

The game came down to a couple inches on a 4th down in the last minute. OSU were big underdogs against a team many thought should have played in the NC. I hardly call that an embarrassment. And the Buckeyes are still the best team in the Big Ten and one of the top teams in the Nation. So keep hating. What has your team done recently?

Craig

The bowl games the previous 2 years - those were embarrasing. Getting whacked by USC earlier this season - that was embarrasing.

Losing to Texas by 3 points is not embarrasing. I hate that they lost too, but they made it to YET ANOTHER BCS GAME, and this year is was a great friggin game to watch.

I can see being upset at the loss, but not embarrased.

Texas, McCoy, and the Big 12 certainly haven't impressed me much more than the Big 10. Oklahoma is going to get crushed by Florida.

Texas, McCoy, and the Big 12 certainly haven't impressed me much more than the Big 10. Oklahoma is going to get crushed by Florida.
I don't know about crushed but the Big 12 as a whole has shown a certain lack of, um, defense all year. Florida can play a little D.

I don't know about crushed but the Big 12 as a whole has shown a certain lack of, um, defense all year. Florida can play a little D.

Why must we speak of this football nonsense? Let's get back on track with rugby and literati.

Discuss.

I must amend my poetry comment. I like William Carlos Williams.
Rugby? I covered Wales vs. U.S. once. It was, um, interesting.

Nice one with WCW! A NJ native no less, as was Ginsberg, who I once met at MOMA in NYC about six months before he died. Have an autographed copy of Howl. :rockin:

And I'm sure the US ruggers were bloodied by the Welsh. Our club team traveled to Wales a few years ago to play some teams over there; had an amazing time and it did a lot to improve my game.

Nice one with WCW! A NJ native no less, as was Ginsberg, who I once met at MOMA in NYC about six months before he died. Have an autographed copy of Howl. :rockin:

And I'm sure the US ruggers were bloodied by the Welsh. Our club team traveled to Wales a few years ago to play some teams over there; had an amazing time and it did a lot to improve my game.
WCW is a Paterson boy, if I remember. I think he did copious amounts of drugs.

The Welsh did indeed whup up on the U.S. I was amazed by the size of some of those Welshmen.

Incidentally, my buddy from England plays rugby. Unfortunately, he does it while we're trying to play hoops. Not pretty.:(

I guess the only difference between michigan and ohio state is that michigan gets embarrassed at the start of the year and ohio state waits to the end of the year to blow it.

I agree with the sentiment that it *was* a good game...I enjoyed it. I shouldn't have said that OSU "got smoked". But, when you look at the records at the end of the season it's easy for someone to say "See? 1-7 in bowl games, and your best team lost. Take your Big 10 football back to the 50's where it belongs! $my_conf rulez!!1!"

But then again, there's no point trying to talk sense when sports are involved :)

Back